Social Media Specialist
Company: The Truth Company
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Create the world's most trusted, and engaged, social media communities in the Health, Wellness and Fitness industry while growing Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube channels to over 1 million followers each in 2019, for each of the company's key brands.
The Truth Company
Truth.co is a holding company for Ecommerce brands like Kinobody and UMZU, that help men and women across the world live healthier and more vibrant lives.
Making lifestyle changes, or managing/improving a health condition is hard work. So many contradictory ideas are being introduced that it's hard to know what advice to follow these days. All of these opposing ideas make healthy living seem confusing. The confusion results in people starting and stopping different health philosophies without consistently following through with one system to reach their health goals. Sadly, they never really see the progress that they deserve. Even worse, many people start following advice that isn't backed by objective, scientific research so they wind up committing to a health philosophy that causes more harm than good.
With all of the challenges that come along with making healthier choices, The Truth Company is dedicated to supporting people who have the desire to make more accurate health decisions. We do this by ambitiously maintaining people's attention in places where the average person is most susceptible to becoming distracted by the less-than-accurate thinking presented by most health publishers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Social Media Specialist is responsible for creating a compassionate connection with each follower and inspiring them to commit to changing their life for the better by consuming the health research and educational material that we publish.
The Desired Outcomes
Our Social Media Specialist will achieve their mission by creating the following outcomes:
- Boldly ideate, create, curate, and manage the lifecycle for all content across branded social media channels.
- Ambitiously contribute and maintain the content calendar across all social media channels
- Write post copy that adheres to brand guidelines and is both engaging and reflective of the appropriate tone-of-voice for the given channel.
- Ensure the voice of the brand is conveyed consistently across all social channels.
- Determine successes, opportunities, and ROI through the support of social media analytics, and prepare monthly metrics reports to share across the Truth.co brands.
- Empathetically curate and craft conversations that engage audiences and adds value
- Provide discerning guidance and recommendations to the brand teams into what external conversations are happening that we can tap into, to build audiences, provide greater value, and create new products.
- Keep track of trending conversations in our community and our competitors and share these insights with the brand teams teams
- Support execution of plans to grow audience, increase overall engagement, follower acquisition, and testing new channels and platform features
- Contribute to strategy and innovation in social media for Truth.co brands and explore new opportunities and emerging trends
To achieve the desired outcomes of the role, our Social Media Specialist will have the following:
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience working in the field of social media, community management and/or digital marketing
- Proven track record of success in creating and driving community metrics.
- Demonstrates initiative and innovation - always looking at improving efforts while displaying a willingness to help out wherever necessary.
- Ability to distill key findings and use analytics to translate those findings into business goals.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Highly effective in both written and verbal communications.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills, and a strong aptitude for creativity on-the-fly
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Passion for helping people make healthier decisions - along with the ability to understand and empathize with people who are facing challenges with meeting their health goals - is a plus.
- In-house experience coordinating social media channels for a retail brand
- Strong interest in current events, trends, and advancements in social media platforms
- Experience with Google Analytics, Social Listening software
Why join the Truth.co Team?
- Get a real chance to change the world as you know it
- Work with a fun team of Smart, Humble and Hardworking people
- Cool office environment and fun company culture
- Competitive salary
- Profit Share Plan eligibility
- Participation in company health (medical, vision, dental) insurance plans
- Education Assistance Program
- Generous paid time off policy (vacation and sick)
- 12 week paid paternity/maternity leave
- 401K retirement plan (with match)
- Life insurance
- Company issued equipment
- Monthly allowance for company products
- Unparalleled opportunities for career growth and advancement
The Truth Company (formerly The Better Foundation) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: The Truth Company, Denver , Social Media Specialist, Advertising , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!