Marketing Data Analyst
Company: American Physical Society
Posted on: February 10, 2024
American Physical SocietyID: 1364Location: RemoteDepartment:
Experience & Engagement
Marketing Data Analyst
Who we are:
The American Physical Society (APS) is a nonprofit membership
organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of
physics through its outstanding research journals, scientific
meetings, and education, outreach, advocacy, and international
activities. APS represents more than 50,000 members, including
physicists in academia, national laboratories, and industry in the
United States and throughout the world.
The American Physical Society (APS) seeks a Marketing Data Analyst
to play a pivotal role in supporting performance enhancement across
our Marketing function. The successful candidate will contribute to
developing and curating standardized core dashboards and providing
a comprehensive overview of our marketing performance. Reporting to
the Head of Integrated Marketing Communications, Research, and
Journals and functioning as an integral member of the marketing
team, the Marketing Data Analyst will be tasked with leading the
creation of a data-driven marketing strategy, actionable data sets,
and recommendations to optimize marketing and publishing
Do you enjoy contributing to improvements in analysis, forecasting,
and predictive modeling? The Marketing Data Analyst will leverage
new technology to positively impact and refine KPIs, enhance
decision-making processes, and drive strategic initiatives in the
ever-evolving marketing and publishing landscape.
This role is not just about numbers; it is about sculpting the
future of marketing through cutting-edge technology. If you are
ready to amplify your career and make data deliver serious business
intelligence, apply today!
APS has a "remote first" concept that promotes equal treatment and
equal access within the United States, independent of physical work
location, with a majority of staff working primarily from remote
work locations. APS values diversity and welcomes candidates from a
variety of backgrounds. APS offers a dynamic work environment with
an outstanding total compensation package, including salary,
outstanding benefits, and excellent paid time off.
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting development of all
key data sets and dashboards relating to author metrics including
pipeline analysis,customer segmentation modeling, journal
performance and author upselling tools.
- Interacts directly with the Marketing and Publishing
departments to identify key analytical opportunities that deliver
valuable insight and actionable data. Collaborates with the
Information Systems department to create data pipelines, website
instrumentation, and other technology infrastructure needed to
provide the underlying associated datasets.
- Delivering end to end campaign analysis to help understand
author, referee and user behavior and the effectiveness of our
- Provide automated insight dashboards to enable self-service
- Support the creation of core data structures to drive author
analytics in collaboration with the Information Systems
- Ensuring data sets and dashboards are produced in a scalable
way and are error free.
- Support in interrogating key internal datasets to ensure author
data is cleansed, standardized and has all required fields to drive
better strategic decision making.
- Responsible for delivery of daily, weekly and monthly reporting
requirements as defined by the business.
- Support improvements in analysis, forecasting and predictive
modeling to enable better business decisions.
- Participate in new tool selection and the roll out of new tools
and user training to ensure we embed the new ways of using data to
help drive decision making across the organization.
Bachelor's degree preferred with a focus relevant to the defined
responsibilities of the role.
- Relevant work experience will also be considered in lieu of
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Accomplished data professional with a minimum of 4 years'
experience managing data programs and dashboards.
- A demonstrable track record of innovation in collaboration with
3rd parties and vendor.
- Knowledge of the academic publishing landscape, including
trends in open access and open science as well as other forces
shaping the industry is preferable but not required.
- Cultural and market awareness to effectively support journal
- Ability to define strategic opportunities and successfully
articulate and execute plans to address them.
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships with internal and
external colleagues and stakeholders.
- Proficiency with CRM systems (Salesforce experience preferred)
and other relevant business systems, data and tools.
- Self-motivated, with a strong drive for results.
- Ability to make timely, quality decisions.
- Ability to work well both independently as well as
collaboratively with interdepartmental teams and external
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently from a remote
location or while traveling.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to
utilize digital technology to collaborate with internal and
external stakeholders effectively.
- Be highly numerate and experienced in the development and
maintaining of complex data structures.
- Proven ability to deliver root cause analysis, troubleshoot
data and data related processes.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- The ability to translate data into clear and concise actionable
- Experience of cleansing and preparing data.
- Excellent knowledge of Python.
- Familiarity with one or more business intelligence tools such
as Looker, Tableau, or PowerBI.
Travel: This role involves occasional travel, approximately up to
10%, for meetings with APS staff, departmental gatherings, and
interactions with colleagues in the Long Island, NY, Washington, DC
and College Park, MD areas. Additionally, there may be occasional
travel required to attend events as assigned.
The salary range for this role considers the factors that are
considered in making compensation decisions, including but not
limited to skill sets, experience and training, and other business
and organizational needs. APS's Compensation Philosophy is to
manage salaries at the midpoint of the market. Therefore, it is the
practice to hire within the entry - midpoint range.
Full Range: $89,200k/year - $133,800k/year (USD)
Target Range: $89,200k/year - $102,795k/year (USD)
As noted above, APS offers a "Remote First" workplace. Although our
Editorial Offices are located on Long Island, you can work from
other places in the United States. We are flexible about work
hours, but expect responsiveness during the core of the workday,
This is Us:
Help us achieve our mission of advancing and diffusing the
knowledge of physics for the benefit of humanity, promote physics,
and serve the broader physics community.
Our Core Values:
- The Scientific Method
- Truth and Integrity
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Respect
- Partnering, Cooperation, and Open Collaboration
- Speaking Out
- Education and Learning
The Information Systems departmental values complement and extend
the APS Core Values. How we work and how we interact must embody
these values which encompass the areas of Customer Outcome Focus;
Dedication and Responsibility; Quality and Agility; Curiosity,
Open-mindedness, and Innovation; and Teamwork and Collaboration.
The values are further described in a separate document, and every
Information Systems employee has a responsibility for upholding
Amazing 2024 Benefit Offerings:
- Flexible schedules and ability to work remotely
- 8% employer-paid retirement contribution
- Investment advisement services: 100% employer paid
- Medical benefits: PPO or HDHP option
- Employer contribution to FSA or HSA account, eligibility based
on medical plan enrollment
- Lifestyle Spending benefit up to $2000.00 (USD) - 100% employer
- Dental benefits: individual coverage 100% employer
- Vision benefits: individual and dependent coverage 100%
- Basic Life & Accident insurance: employee coverage 100%
- Supplemental Life & Accident insurance, including spouse &
dependent child(ren) coverage
- Disability insurance: employee coverage 100% employer
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness insurance
- Healthcare, Commuter & Dependent care flexible spending
- Vacation: 15 days annually
- Generous holiday leave: 17 paid days of significance; includes
one week closure at the end of December
- Personal leave: 4 days annually
- Volunteer leave: 1 day annually
- Sick leave: 10 days annually
- Bereavement & Compassion leave: 2 -15 days based on
- 12 weeks employer-paid family leave
- College tuition reimbursement plan
- Job related seminar & continuing education
- Professional Certification/Recertification 100% employer
- Training and professional development; access to LinkedIn
Learning on-demand courses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mindfulness Meditation: live and on-demand classes
- APS does not offer relocation assistance/costs
The American Physical Society is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer. It is the policy of American Physical Society
not to discriminate or allow the harassment of employees or
applicants on the basis of race, religious creed, immigration
status, alienage or citizenship, religion, color, ethnicity, sex,
national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status,
protected veteran status, protected military status, physical or
mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, predisposing genetic characteristics, ancestry,
domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic
protected by law with regard to any employment practices, including
recruitment, advertising, job application procedures, hiring,
upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, job
assignments, benefits and/or other terms, conditions, or privileges
of employment, provided the individual is qualified, with or
without reasonable accommodations, to perform the essential
functions of the job. This policy applies to all jobs at APS. The
American Physical Society is committed to providing access, equal
opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with
disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact APS Human
Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. The "Know Your Rights: Workplace
Discrimination is Illegal'' poster, prepared by the U.S. Equal
Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), provides an overview of
several laws that protect you from discrimination on the job, and
several rights are afforded to you by these laws. The "Pay
Transparency Non Discrimination Provision," prepared by the U.S.
Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), provides an
overview of several protections implemented to protect individuals
working under federal contracts from discrimination when inquiring
about or discussing compensation; these protections apply to all
employees and applicants. The APS has a "remote first" concept that
promotes equal treatment and equal access, independent of physical
work location, with a majority of staff working primarily from
remote work locations.
Please see job descriptionPI235683837
Keywords: American Physical Society, Denver , Marketing Data Analyst, Advertising , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!