Magazine Editor - Contract - Denver CO
Company: City Lifestyle
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Denver North & Westminster City Lifestyle produces a
community-based magazine on a monthly basis. The magazines are for,
by, and about the residents of each community. We focus on
beautiful homes in the neighborhood, fresh local restaurants,
events going on, local places of interest, and much more.
City Lifestyle was founded in 2009 with our first publication,
Leawood Lifestyle. Since then we have taken the process that
brought us success and created a franchise model that invites
entrepreneurs to start premium community-focused magazines in their
areas. We're currently publishing 100+ hyper-local magazines all
over the country and we're excited to be coming to your area!
As an independent publisher for Lifestyle, we are looking for a
local editor/content creator that is responsible for managing the
editorial themes for Denver North & Westminster Lifestyle. This
person will have a variety of responsibilities. You MUST live
within 15 miles of Denver CO. Please do not apply if you do not
meet this qualification. Most content creators work, on average, 40
hours a week.
The position is responsible for supervising the magazine's
freelancer's writers and photographers as well as organizing all
editorial content for the monthly publication.
- Plans and assigns Photography/Editorial for all issues.
- Ensures all photography/editorial meets defined specifications,
including deadline and style.
- Manages relationships with freelance contractors (writers and
- Keeps track of payments due to freelance contractors. Submits
this information to the publisher monthly.
- Key Characteristics:
- Works well with a team
- Knows the importance of deadlines
What to Expect:
- Managing content on a monthly basis and assigning freelance
work or completing articles yourself.
- Partnership with local photographers and freelance writers to
assign and ensure that the creative direction of a previously
determined layout can be completed via word count specifications
and photographic elements
- A byline in print and online and masthead recognition
- Working with the local publisher to assure that the magazine
content is successful and hits the target demographic of readers
- The opportunity to write about a variety of local and inspiring
content including new eateries, unique events, hometown
celebrities, charitable organizations, fun experiences, and
- The opportunity to work with local vendors to create beautiful
styled shoots and eye-catching imagery
- Monthly support with our corporate office is provided and
guidance on content creation is supplied. Qualifications and
- Residence in the Denver North & Westminster area. This is a
- Experience in writing, creating content or visually creative
work and leadership skills
- A professional and personable demeanor as you represent the
publication during interviews and community research
- Robust organizational skills as our deadlines are very strict
in order to create the high-quality publications that we do on a
This is a contract position that can be done from your home. If you
are a creative thinker that is organized and loves your community,
please send your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Keywords: City Lifestyle, Denver , Magazine Editor - Contract - Denver CO, Advertising , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!