PUBLIC RELATIONS SPECIALIST
Company: Envision Physician Services
Posted on: May 4, 2021
OverviewEnvision Physician Services is a multispecialty
physician group and practice management company. Established in
1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine,
hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical
services, and women's and children's health services to hospitals
and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare,
Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have
recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one
organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any
other national physician group. Our collective experience from
hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous
lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of
healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and
consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our
execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780
healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia. If
you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the
healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and
integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of
your career.The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for
driving external awareness and publicity for Envision Healthcare,
with a heavy focus on media relations and reputation management.
The candidate must have strong writing and project management
skills. Given the nature of the 24-hour media landscape, this
position requires the candidate to be flexible and available in the
event of crisis situations and media inquiries/requests. This
position reports to the Media and Public Relations Manager and will
work closely with key internal and external stakeholders to make
sure messaging and communications are relevant, accurate and align
with the Envision Healthcare strategy and vision. This position can
sit in either Greenwood, CO or Nashville, TNResponsibilities
- Monitor media coverage regarding the company and its brands,
disseminating to key stakeholders and alerting leadership of
- Research and develop externally facing materials in support of
key publicity initiatives.
- Identify and develop compelling stories for external
- Conduct research on relevant media opportunities, draft media
pitch materials that feature data-driven insights and secure
interest from key outlets.
- Manage media inquiries, including response strategy, drafting
statements and arranging interviews where necessary.
- Collaborate with internal communication team and provide
support as needed for cross-team projects.
- Stay up to date with social media developments, emerging
technologies, communications best practices and trends in the
social media universe as well as the competitive landscape.
- Develop, deliver, and maintain a communication strategy and
approach that executes on the business goals and desired
- Ensure consistent messaging and branding across communication
platforms and programs.
- Measure, analyze and report on the effectiveness of
communication strategies and provide recommendations for optimizing
- Adjust communication strategies and content based on
- Responsible for adhering to Information Security Policies and
ensuring Envision is as secure as possible.QualificationsTo perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Adept at crafting compelling copy and narratives.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain media
- Acute awareness of national and healthcare/business trade media
landscapes and ability to identify trends in reporting.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to succinctly convey complex messages that are
professional, consistent and support brand position.
- Ability to work collaboratively across a diverse, matrixed team
to ensure messaging and programs are delivered quickly,
consistently and powerfully across multiple channels and
- Ability to create strong, strategic business
- Ability and flexibility in managing multiple, complex projects
at a time as well as on-demand issues to drive the work
- Proven ability to maintain confidential information
appropriately and exercise good judgment when communicating.
- Knowledge of integrated healthcare and communication
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Video editing/audio editing experience a
- Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Communications, Journalism,
Public Relations or related field
- 3-5 years of corporate communications, reporting or public
relations experience Computer SkillsTo perform this job
successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite products
- Collaborative workplace tools, including SharePoint, Teams
- Media monitoring and measurement tools such as Zignal Labs,
DOMOIf you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and
have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a
competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.Envision
Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment
eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about
E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Envision Physician Services, Denver , PUBLIC RELATIONS SPECIALIST, Advertising , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!