STUDENT ASSISTANT TO THE OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT FOR STUDENT AFFAIRS)
Company: Metropolitan State University of Denver
Posted on: January 27, 2023
STUDENT ASSISTANT TO THE OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT FOR STUDENT
AFFAIRS (WORK-STUDY & STUDENT HOURLY))
Student Work Study or Student Hourly
Student Affairs (Division)
The Student Assistant will work primarily with the Office Manager
in the Vice President for Student Affairs Office to ensure daily
operations' success. #LI-DNI
- Customer Service: Impeccable customer service to students,
staff, faculty, and community partners. Office etiquette and a high
level of confidentiality is always expected to ensure the critical
success of the office and institution. A willingness to be
proactive and problem-solve with a positive attitude and smile is
- Daily Administrative and Clerical Duties: Serve as the point of
contact/liaison for the Office of Student Affairs, copying,
electronic filing, scanning, data entry, processing paperwork and
developing documents/spreadsheets. This position will need to be
able to send emails and calendar invites with little to no spelling
or grammatical errors that are clear and concise.
- Provide additional support for other office staff in the Vice
President's Office, including the Executive Assistant to the Vice
President for Student Affairs, Director of Operations and Planning,
Financial Analysis Manager, Communications/Social Media Manager,
Assessment and Evaluation Manager, Assistant to Chief Enrollment
Officer, and Marketing/Communications Project Manager.
- Student Social Media/Communications: Build meaningful
connections to help identify and elevate student voices. Advocate
for what events and resources should be promoted on the
MSUDenverStudents Instagram account and be willing to provide
perspective and insight on what timely and relevant information
should be distributed to students through social media and/or
email. There may also be opportunities to assist with the creation
of the "Runner," the weekly student newsletter.
- Detailed Event Planning: This position will assist the Office
Manager with various Student Affairs events, such as coordinating
meetings and event planning logistics like room reservations, set
up and catering.
- Special Projects: Receive and coordinate completion of special
projects and assignments from the Office Manager (as needed).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current MSU Denver student enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
with a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Impeccable customer service.
- Great attention to detail.
- Dependable and reliable to work shifts.
- Positive work attitude and ability to work in a team
- Computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Ability to walk/navigate around the campus to pick up and drop
off various materials.
- Ability to carry 50 pounds.
Open Until Filled
MSU Denver offers temporary, non-benefit eligible employees sick
leave. The sick leave is accrued at a rate of 1 hour for every 30
hours worked, not to exceed a maximum of 48 hours in a calendar
Special Instructions to Applicants
Keywords: Metropolitan State University of Denver, Denver , STUDENT ASSISTANT TO THE OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT FOR STUDENT AFFAIRS), Administration, Clerical , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!