Senior Manager, Indirect Programs
Company: Sierra Nevada
Posted on: July 14, 2019
As part of SNC's organization, the Indirect Senior Program Manager
serves as a key liaison between the stakeholders in formulating
business ideas into concrete requirements, communicating those
requirements in standardized formats, and is responsible for
managing one or multiple programs and tasks in varying areas across
the enterprise.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:The candidate will be a key
member of the EPMO promoting greater success of Enterprise/Business
Area (BA) programs & efforts through:
- Supporting of all Program Management functions for both BA
Direct Programs & Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO)
- Ensuring PM's are adequately trained and equipped to support &
facilitate program success while further streamlining processes so
that there is commonality & consistency across business management
- Support the development and execution of the Corporate Program
Management and Planning/Tracking (PMAP/T) annual plan within
assigned area of responsibility, as requested
- Maintaining PM training curriculum & mentoring in line with
- Working directly with Learning & Development (L&D)
personnel for scheduling & providing facilitators form PM
- Maintaining the PM Certification process.
- Support the development and execution of the Enterprise Program
Management (EPMO) strategic and Annual Plan, as requested
- Reinforcing the usage & application of Corporate PM tools.
- Leading PM process & tool improvement for the Enterprise.
- Pursuing program management consistency across BA's during
program proposal processes, program execution, & program interface
with production, internal customers, contractors, &
- Keeping program management informed of function & process
changes within project controls.
- Enhancing program management expertise in the staff.
- Establishing centralized, coordinating body for PM concerns,
recommendations, & issues; developing recommended process
improvements; facilitating opportunities with Enterprise Program
- Membership in the Engineering Process & Tools Working Group
(EPTG), as a coordinating body for Engineering concerns,
recommendation, & issues specific to program management; developing
recommended process improvements; facilitating opportunities with
program management &/or Enterprise Program Finance.
- Establishing new & further refining existing templates, tools,
& guidelines for program documentation & execution.
- Review & approval of program management plans during the
proposal process & program initiation phase.
- Auditing of program management activities in accordance with PM
process, QMS-PRCS-006, as part of the IPDP process.
- Capturing BA metrics designed to identify areas within Program
Management that might be targeted as performance improvement
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with approved Corporate and
ISO 9001:2000 Policies and ProcessesADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled
- Other duties as assignedANTICIPATED LABOR UTILIZATION:
- Review Anticipated Labor Utilization as applicable to position
as stated in the Business Area Labor Utilization MatrixDELEGATION
OF AUTHORITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Delegation of
- Review Delegation of Authority thresholds as applicable to job
position stated in the DOA Responsibilities MatrixCOMPLIANCE
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies,
Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related
activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations,
Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring
Department/Team trainingESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and
responsibilities, as defined by management
- SNC job descriptions are meant as summarization's only. They do
not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a
position.EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS/BA in related field
- PMs shall possess extensive knowledge of the program management
disciplines that are assigned to manage a specific SNC program or
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is
- Shall possess extensive knowledge of the program management
- Demonstrated and successfully managed large complex and cross
- Ability to solve, successfully and independently, complex tasks
through own decision making
- Comprehensive knowledge of enterprise, business and functional
strategies and goals
- Demonstrated high level of integrity with significant attention
to detail and quality
- Requires working with all levels of company management.
- Requires strong organizational & interpersonal communication
- This position handles confidential information, therefore, the
individual must be very discreet.
- Ability to influence others to desired outcome
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Requires knowledge of FAR/CAS compliance requirements.
- Requires strong analytical skills & capability to meet
- Requires ability to interpret considerable data of a
technical/programmatic nature in order to adequately perform
process improvement duties & responsibilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of organizational change management
methodologies and principles
- Strong aptitude to connect with business processes and quickly
learn business operations in order to support and interact with
corporate-level project stakeholders
- Requires extensive skills application in MS Office products,
Lotus Notes, & other software programs.
- Requires extensive understanding with application tools and
- Requires skills to analyze, adapt and correlate application
implementation to business process
- Other required skills include but are not limited to: team
building, time management, conflict resolution, communication,
briefing, presentation, strategic thinking, marketing, and literacy
in the program management disciplines.Minimum Fundamental
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC's Responsibility
Matrix.Note: Ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance may be
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant
must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S.,
protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or
eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S.
Department of State. Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal
Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran, or any
other protected status pursuant to applicable local, state or
federal law, ordinance or regulation.
Keywords: Sierra Nevada, Denver , Senior Manager, Indirect Programs, Accounting, Auditing , Louisville, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!