Risk Advisory Senior Associate
Company: Eide Bailly
Posted on: July 14, 2019
About the team:
Who We Are
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in
the nation. We have over 30 offices in 15 states across the Midwest
and western United States and offer our staff and Partners the
opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our
culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on
supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and
pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide
Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we
do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not
just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on
collaboration to achieve career growth. We promote happy employees
by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively
involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen
through the Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by
employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer
throughout the year. We support living healthier lives with perks
like a Wellness Benefit to be spent on fitness-related purchases
each year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a
professional and fun work environment with frequent lunch and
learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.
Job you will do:Typical Day in the Life
As a Risk Advisory Services Senior Associate, you are responsible
for ensuring value-added services are provided to our clients. You
will also work with their audit engagement team to ensure the
various components of the audit engagement are performed --
including gathering information from the client, and reviewing and
compiling client financial data.
- Conduct information technology and security audits, SOC
engagements, IT controls review engagements, FISMA, FedRAMP, ISO
2700 and PCI readiness assessments.
- Provide technology reviews and gap analyses.
- Conduct Information Technology audits consisting of general
computer, technical, physical and administrative controls around
- Examine effectiveness of internal control structures and
procedures in place, identifying and outlining regulatory
guidelines that need to be implemented.
- Manage client relationships with integrity by monitoring client
needs and building value into professional service.
- Identify areas of non-compliance, operational weaknesses,
inefficiencies and issues by performing the following:Capitalize on
personal and professional experiences in order to develop business
and practice lines.
- Actively seek and provide feedback in order to develop the Risk
Advisory Services practice.
- Assess compliance with information technology
- Conduct business impact analysis and risk assessments to
develop, test and implement a Business Continuity Plan and
Information Security Program for clients.
- Assess security of client networks, hosts and
- Perform technology risk assessments and review, document,
evaluate and test general computer controls including access
controls, change management, security, backup controls and
operation controls, in a wide range of computing environments (e.g.
mainframe, mid-range and client/server) for financial audit support
and Sarbanes-Oxley 404 work.
- Review, document, evaluate and test application controls,
particularly automated controls, on a wide range of software
application packages for financial reporting.
- Assist financial audit and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance teams in
the identification of control objectives and the design of control
procedures to address those objectives.
- Identify internal IT controls, assess their design and
operational effectiveness, determine risk exposures and develop
- Communicate findings and recommendations to client
- Determine technical and business impact of identified security
issues and provide remediation guidance to clients.
- Review system configurations and device configurations using
manual and automated techniques.
- Measure and report clients' compliance with established
industry or government requirements.
Who You Are
In the Risk Advisory Services Senior Associate role, you will need
to be familiar with the overall audit process. To be successful in
this role, you will need excellent communication skills as well as
the ability to effectively interact with all levels of Firm
management, staff and clients.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Finance or
Information Technology required.
- 3-5 years of experience in IT Audit, IT Security, Information
Risk Management, IT Governance or other IT compliance-related work.
or government agency, Consulting experience with a CPA firm is
preferred, as is previous experience working in the internal audit
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) and/or Certified
Information Systems Security Professionals-- (CISSP--)
- Expertise in IT internal controls and their applicability with
regards to financial reporting and information systems support
- Experience with FISMA and/or FedRAMP and applying or assessing
NIST SP 800-53 preferred.
- Understanding of relevant regulations and industry standards
(e.g. SOX, COSO, COBIT, FFIEC, ITIL, ISO27001, PCI, HIPAA and GLBA)
and best practices and methodologies to address these requirements.
Ability to apply these requirements to organizational internal
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Great attitude and strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel, especially regionally.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without
the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.
What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position,
one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone
interview with you to learn more about your career interests and
goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or our About Us page.
Keywords: Eide Bailly, Denver , Risk Advisory Senior Associate, Accounting, Auditing , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!