Wholesale Control Assurance Development Specialist Development & Integration
Company: Wells Fargo
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Job DescriptionAt Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. Were looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where youll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wholesale Banking, led by Perry Pelos, provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally, with annual sales generally in excess of $5 million. It has nine major business lines, including: Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and Principal Investments. It also has groups in credit risk, operational risk and compliance, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office supporting its businesses.
Wholesale Control Assurance
The Wholesale Control Assurance (WCA) functions serves as the front line control testing group for key areas of risk across all lines of business within Wholesale, domestic and international operations, and across multiple risk disciplines. The group is responsible for assessing risks, testing the design and execution of key controls, and performing monitoring to ensure processes and controls are working as expected to manage risks across Wholesale. Wholesale Control Assurance interfaces with Independent Risk Management, Audit and the regulators to assess comprehensive and consistent implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
This position will report to the Development and Integration Manager within the Wholesale Control Assurance group. This role will be responsible for supporting the development of the annual control self-assurance testing plan, issue management/validation of control enhancements and control assurance development for businesses across Wholesale Banking. Successful candidate will have the ability to work collaboratively across a network of internal stakeholders to ensure control self-assurance activities are effectively implemented in adherence to the policy and methodology. The candidate should also possess strong project management, audit/compliance/risk and regulatory management experience.
- Design and assist the business in control assurance activities including the development of new assurance activities
- Integrate new control assurance activities into the overall Wholesale process for future reviews
- Maintenance of the annual testing plan
- Support the quarterly testing plan reassessment
- Support the issue management and validation plan in partnership with the Wholesale issue management team
- Support the staffing and analysis model for the control self-assurance team to ensure adequate resource coverage exists
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business units risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: additional compliance, additional operational risk management, IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Experience with Wells Fargo risk systems such as Shared Risk Platform (SHRP), Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), or Control Risk Analysis System (CRAS+)
- Solid critical thinking skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to effectively manage projects to achieve the desired deliverables and timelines
- Highly organized with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to change in a function that is being built out
- Knowledge or experience in compliance or control testing
- Regulatory experience including managing or supporting consent orders or MRAs/MRIAs
- Performing Issue Management validation or reviews
- Experience with implementation or maintenance of Audit or testing calendars
- Experience in simplifying complex concepts to internal and external customers
- Knowledge and understanding of Wholesale Banking businesses and Risk Management framework are a plus
- Development and maintenance of staffing models to support large organizations
- Experience with common risk and control data Control assessment, design and implementation experience
- Proactive risk management mindset
- Ability to partner, solicit input and consult with business partners to complete required tasks
Street AddressMN-Minneapolis: 3430 University Ave Se - Minneapolis, MN
IA-Des Moines: 666 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
CO-Denver: 3900 E Mexico Ave - Denver, CO
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 3501 W Bell Road - Phoenix, AZDisclaimerAll offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Denver , Wholesale Control Assurance Development Specialist Development & Integration , Accounting, Auditing , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!