Business Banking Credit Specialist III
Company: BOK Financial
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Req ID: 50439
Areas of Interest: Commercial Banking; Commercial Credit Specialist
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies. .The Business Banking Credit Specialist III is primarily responsible for the independent preparation of complex financial analysis; performs secondary, specialized analysis of complex credit/loans; involves sensitive or critical customer accounts which substantially effect lending profits for division; completes independent analysis and risk assessments for both significant prospects and existing relationships within a multi-state region; makes recommendations regarding loan structure based upon findings; responsible for the training of less tenured Credit Specialists; functions as a valued resource to lenders with respect to credit/industry analysis, loan policy and prudent underwriting standards; advanced knowledge to analyze, interpret or make deductions from varying facts and circumstances.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares complex financial analysis; performs secondary, specialized analysis of the largest and most complex credits/loans, involves sensitive or critical customer accounts which substantially effect lending profits for division; completes independent analysis and risk assessments for both significant prospects and key existing relationships; Makes recommendations to Account Officers regarding appropriate loan products and loan structure based upon findings. Provides Loan Pricing Analysis including pricing recommendations.
- Independently prepares commitment reports for all of the multi-state markets supported by the Small Business Lending Center; participates in credit discussions with Account Officers, Market Managers and senior management; influences credit decisions of senior management via the findings and recommendations contained in the Commitment Reports and Officers Credit Memorandums prepared by the Senior Credit Specialist.
- Participates in the initial and final structuring of credits; makes recommendations to Account Officers regarding loan products, credit structure, pricing strategies, policy compliance and credit/industry risk.
- Provides ongoing training to new and entry level Credit Specialists and serves as an accomplished resource to Account Officers with respect to loan underwriting, credit and underwriting guidelines. Often provides underwriting, risk management and credit policy training/guidance to less-tenured Account Officers.
- Conducts formal industry analysis; assists in development of new credit business via interaction with existing or prospective customers to gather key information for credit analysis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of accounting and credit principles, lending functions, and loan analysis and ability to demonstrate resourcefulness in application of general credit policies
- Demonstrated ability to exercise consistent discretion and judgment
- Extensive knowledge of loan documentation, loan policy and regulations
- Excellent multi-tasking skills are required as the Senior Credit Specialist may frequently be working on as many as 10 different loan requests at any given time
- Extensive knowledge of the Loan Grading Process
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and flexibility skills are needed as the Senior Credit Specialist interacts with more than 70 different Account Officers in a multi-state area
- Extensive analytical skills regarding loan/credit review
- Advanced PC and spreadsheet software skillsThis level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor s degree and 5+ years Credit Analysis/Credit Specialist experience or 11 years equivalent work related experience.
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
Attention All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not accept candidate submission by unsolicited third parties through this site or any company email address. All unsolicited candidates presented to BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will be considered the property of BOK Financial. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited candidates, nor will a contractual relationship be formed by the submission. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries are not obligated and will not under any circumstances pay any fees to said third parties submitting candidates in this manner. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established business relationship and with whom we have in place a signed agreement. All contact with BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries from third parties must be through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of the BOK Financial Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and BOK Financial.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Keywords: BOK Financial, Denver , Business Banking Credit Specialist III, Accounting, Auditing , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!