Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Credit Union Of Colorado
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Job DetailsLevel SeniorJob Location CENTRAL DENVER - Denver, COPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level 4 Year DegreeSalary Range $67,800.00 - $83,100.00 Travel Percentage NoneJob Shift DayJob Category FinanceDescription GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Responsible for performing or assisting in a variety of financial analysis functions including profitability analysis, budget preparation and reporting, preparing various compliance and financial performance reports and the compilation and analysis of data to be used by management and the Board of Directors when making operational and strategic decisions. Supports the credit union's operating objectives by creating and maintaining accurate and relevant financial data and reports and preparing and presenting pertinent summaries, observations and recommendations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. May perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Prepares and maintains specialized data and reports related to profitability measurement, cost and yield analyses, policy and regulatory compliance, liquidity monitoring and credit quality reporting.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information and prepares historical analyses and forward-looking projections to support management and the Board of Directors in making operational and strategic decisions. Coordinates data gathering with other departments as needed.
- Has a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Assists with budget preparation and reporting.
- Prepares the monthly calculation for the Allowance for Loan Loss.
- Assists with investment portfolio analysis and monitoring.
- Utilizes spreadsheets and other systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Works with the Vice President of Finance to identify and implement process improvements.
- Assists with maintaining the ProfitStar system including the ALM model, branch profitability, report writing and budget administration functions.
- Develops an overall understanding of the strategic and tactical operations of the credit union. This includes understanding the needs of members, employees and the credit union.
- Assists with departmental or organizational projects as directed by the Vice President of Finance.
- Serves as an organizational resource for the production of ad hoc financial analysis to support departments across the credit union.
- Assists with maintaining the Visible Equity system for loan portfolio analysis and reporting.
- Compiles data for auditors and examiners and provides explanations as necessary.
- May train other employees in the Finance Department as needed.
- Provides excellent service by demonstrating courtesy and personal concern for members' and co-workers' needs and follows up to ensure those needs are met.
- Adheres to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the credit union, including the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC.
- Responsible for compliance with the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA), the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Anti Money Laundering Act, including monitoring for such illegal activity as it applies to this position.
Qualifications EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics or business administration and three or more years of related experience in a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of the Symitar, Visible Equity and ProfitStar systems is helpful. CPA, CMA or CFA designation, or pursuit of one of these certifications, is desirable.
CORE COMPETENCIES and SKILLS
MEMBER FOCUSED Creates trust by building relationships and actively discovers the right solutions for members and peers; understands that the credit union exists as a result of member trust and loyalty in the organization and employees; is passionate and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external Members.
TEAMWORK Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; works harmoniously with others; uses and understands diplomacy and tact; encourages collaboration; seeks opinions; is candid with peers; values working relationships. Readily puts in extra effort to accomplish important tasks.
DECISION QUALITY Understands the member's best interest is first; demonstrates decisions which are based on creating the best possible outcome for the member; makes decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most recommendations and decisions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; is widely trusted and sought out by others for advice and solutions.
PROBLEM SOLVING Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective and innovative solutions; is resilient and will own the solution and the problem; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
ACTION ORIENTED Pushes self and others to achieve the best possible results for the member, organization and employees; proactively seeks out opportunities; raises hand, rather than waits to be asked; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; understands that it's OK to make a mistake (fail forward).
ADAPTABLE Learns on the fly; is a relentless, versatile and active learner; open to change; can learn new skills and knowledge; analyzes both successes and failures for opportunities to improve; experiments and will attempt multiple ideas to find solutions; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Technical knowledge of accounting and financial concepts, practices, procedures and reports.
Strong analytical, problem-solving and financial analysis skills.
Ability to import and export data between various applications and spreadsheets.
Efficiency, accuracy and detail-oriented focus.
Understanding of related regulations, statutes, and filing requirements.
Ability to manage multiple projects, objectives and deadlines.
Knowledge of the Symitar, Visible Equity and ProfitStar systems and other related computer applications with an emphasis in Microsoft products, including Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
Ability to assist and train others.
Proficient in 10-key and computer operations.
Ability to apply oral, written and interpersonal skills that develop member, employee and volunteer confidence, respect and trust in Credit Union of Colorado and develop cooperative relationships with all levels of employees throughout the organization.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISRATIONS:
CPA, CMA or CFA designation, or pursuit of one of these certifications, is desirable.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
We are an EEO Employer
Keywords: Credit Union Of Colorado, Denver , Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!