Sr. Business Analyst (Financial Services)
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Job Req #: 18-04995
Job Description: Sr. Business Analyst (Financial Services)
Location: Denver, CO
Position Type: Direct Hire/FTE/Perm
Acts as a partner with the business to facilitate and implement technology solutions. Responsible for writing system requirements that will ensure the technology solution will meet the needs of the business. Leverages appropriate technical resources. Requires a high level understanding of systems, industry and end-user requirements. Applies specialized domain knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Makes judgements and recommendations based on analysis and knowledge.
SQL- SQL queries
Data background- Data Mapping, data analysis, data mining
Strong communication skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Creates detailed business requirements for functional (e.g., business processes, rules) and non-functional (e.g., data, security) capabilities.
* Validates test cases to ensure that scripts will evaluate the business function being performed.
* Gathers and interprets information from multiple sources (including databases, interviews, etc.) and makes recommendations.
* Provides support for application development teams including documenting business processes.
* Translates technical concepts to business audience and business information to a technical audience.
* Participates in developing estimates and implementation plans for technical solutions.
* Partners with team members to develop project schedules, reports and documentation. May be required to act as project lead on small to medium projects and/or provide direction to others on the team.
* Works with User Experience / Design resources to help visualize requirements into prototype.
* Understands and applies principles in risk management, issue tracking and change management.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related degree and three (3) years of relevant experience or a combination of education, training and experience.
Financial Services experience highly preferred.
Experience with Data Analysis and Data Mapping required.
SQL- SQL queries preferred
Knowledge of APIs, Web Services and middleware preferred.
Knowledge of risk management, issue tracking, change management and requirements gathering.
May occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
May work in a team environment or project room to facilitate collaboration
Experience with Reference Data a definite plus
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG's candidates and experience the difference!
IND05 - provided by Dice (SQL ) AND (REQUIREMENT ) AND (FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPANIES OR CHARLES SCHWAB OR INVESTMENT BANKING COMPANIES OR BANKING COMPANIES OR INSURANCE COMPANIES OR WEALTH MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OR OPPENHEIMER OR COBANK OR WELLS FARGO OR JANUS HENDERSON OR MERILL LYNCH )
Keywords: Ascent, Denver , Sr. Business Analyst (Financial Services), Accounting, Auditing , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!