Senior Director of Accounting
Posted on: December 7, 2018
Aimco is seeking a Senior Director of Accounting
Aimco is a real estate investment trust that is focused on the ownership and management of quality apartment communities located in the largest markets in the United States. Aimco common shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol AIV, and are included in the S&P 500.
The Senior Director of Accounting will help maximize the return on Aimco's business by establishing and overseeing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems for the company, and in collaboration with a large team of accounting, finance and operational professionals, will help ensure the consistent delivery of high-quality reporting and analysis, and will help provide exceptional service to the department's internal and external stakeholders while maintaining strict compliance with GAAP, SOX and other measures.
Among other duties, the Senior Director of Accounting will:
- Be a part of the Accounting leadership team who will provide guidance for the corporate accounting department.
- Oversee the corporate financial close process, ensuring activities related to capital spending, cost allocations, cost capitalization, transaction activities, income taxes, consolidation, etc. are completed in adherence with corporate close calendar.
- Liaise with business partners to ensure relevant information is received or disseminated to complete corporate close and reporting.
- Ensure the preparation and review of consolidated and separate company financial statements, establish and maintain internal controls, manage and maintain all aspects of the general ledger, analyze and reconcile cash flows, etc.
- Review consolidated financial statements for accuracy and completeness, including balance sheet statements, income statements, other statements and related footnotes, and other accounting statements and reports.
- Support general accounting functions such as general data gathering, tracking, and record keeping; financial forecasting, budgeting, and planning; preparing of financial schedules, statements, and reports.
- Researching accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures in accordance with Aimco policy, GAAP and all governing law.
- Partner with corporate accounting team co-leader for appropriate peer reviews of accounting team deliverables (FFO reports, balance sheets, income statements, earnings release schedules, 10-Qs and 10-Ks, board reporting, etc.).
- Partner with corporate accounting team co-leader, accounting team and real estate accounting team on the provision of information to external auditors, adherence to SOX/Audit timelines, etc.
- Other significant duties may be required in this role according to business need.REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to understand and analyze complex transactions, apply complex accounting requirements to those transactions, and effectively communicate the results to the stakeholders.
- Strong experience coordinating and completing detailed analytical reviews of complex information.
- Proven background of strategically implementing best practices around reporting and accounting processes.
- Keen ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with internal and external business partners, including oversight of a small team of dedicated external reporting professionals.
- Propensity towards detail-orientation in all aspects of work performance.
- Sound business writing skills, with an ability to summarize communications for executive level consumption.
- Comfortable presenting to medium to large groups, including senior leaders.
- Coaching mindset.QUALIFICATIONS:The ideal candidate will possess at least ten years of experience in a role that includes accounting leadership responsibilities, either in public accounting or industry.
To be considered, candidates must have a proven background managing complex projects from concept through completion. A strong financial acumen, analytical mindset and experience writing business documents that are both technical and detailed is required. Additionally, the chosen candidate must be a confident communicator with the level of maturity and presence necessary to influence senior executives and business unit leaders across the organization.
He or she must also possess a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a closely related field. Candidates holding a CPA certification are preferred.
Keywords: Aimco, Denver , Senior Director of Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!