Associate, Asset Management (Real Estate)
Company: Black Creek Group
Posted on: March 8, 2018
Denver, CO# Job Description
Position will be responsible for asset management responsibilities for multi-tenant office properties within the DPF portfolio. Responsibilities include oversight of the day-to-day operations of each assigned asset including property operating and capital expenses, third-party providers, accounts receivable, lease provisions, financial analysis, and general support of senior asset management. Such responsibilities directly affect the key operations of the business. Position is expected to consistently exercise discretion and independent judgement.
# Essential Job Duties:
## Asset Management
* Orchestrate on-going value creation of an assigned group of office assets through proactive oversight of third-party property management, operating cost control, sustainability initiatives, capital renovations and expenditures; all ensuring best-in-class property operations.
* Work directly with senior personnel to ensure all lease initiatives are structured to maximize profitability and value creation for the monthly NAV model while minimizing risk through financial modeling and analysis relative to underwriting, budget and market conditions.
* Perform Argus and Excel based financial analysis modeling on assigned assets for a variety of different initiatives including leasing, capital improvement projects and potential dispositions.
* Interface with DPF's third-party independent valuation firm to ensure the accurate valuation of assigned office assets.
* Participate in the creation of the annual business plans and valuation creation strategies for office properties.
* Execute the annual budget process, including preparation of annual business plans, revenue and expense budgets, marketing plans, and valuation models.
* Maintain local market knowledge (i.e., competition, supply pipeline, demand drivers, major tenants, market absorption)
* Ensure accurate and timely submittal of management reporting on the portfolio: review of monthly third-party reports and financial statements, as well as completing internal asset management portfolio reports.
* Contribute to the efforts to refine portfolio "best management" practices by participating in task forces or subcommittees developed from time to time to improve and streamline asset management reporting, documentation and approval procedures.
* Conduct ongoing, quarterly property and portfolio level occupancy and NOI re-forecasts.
* Work directly with senior asset management personnel in developing hold/sell recommendations of existing assets within the office portfolio
* Complete special projects as assigned.
* Travel as required of position
# Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Position requires a Bachelor's Degree in related field (i.e., business, finance, accounting); Master's in Real Estate/MBA a plus.
* Outstanding academic credentials required.
* Minimum 2 year's applicable work experience, including modeling skills and experience with Argus Enterprise, required.
* Preferred experience in commercial real estate (office experience preferred) with financial analysis training in a real estate investment management or operating firm, brokerage company or investment banking environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
* Proven ability to be proactive, intuitive, collaborative, strong problem-solver, self-motivated and a team-oriented individual.
* Solid proficiency in Argus Enterprise, Excel, PowerPoint and Word required; Argus certification strongly preferred.
* Willingness and ability to travel required.
* Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information required.
* High ethical standards required. PI101481108
Keywords: Black Creek Group, Denver, Associate, Asset Management (Real Estate), Accounting, Auditing, Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!