Senior Staff Accountant
Posted on: May 27, 2023
We are committed to building a workplace where everyone feels
heard and respected, and extending our culture of care so that
every individual can reach their full potential. We want you to
have a sense of belonging and feel valued for your contributions
and the perspectives you bring.Summary: The Senior Accountant will
oversee the accounting for corporate overheads, intercompany and
intercompany allocations, tax support, and reporting in the US and
Canada. This position will partner with the FP&A team and
operations teams within the various business segments related to
specific areas of expertise. Requirements:
- Supports and is responsible for the month-end close process for
corporate accounting areas of responsibility and reporting,
including journal entry preparation and review, reconciliation
preparation and review, financial reporting, and compliance.
- Prepares special reports to support the tax team.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
for statutory and management reporting.
- Prepares policy and transactional accounting memos by applying
US GAAP and IFRS technical guidance.
- Manages intercompany recharge process and performs
reconciliations between various subsidiaries and countries.
- Manages lease accounting process and performs monthly
- Reviews, researches transactions, and recommends/records
adjusting journal transactions as necessary to ensure accurate and
- Partner with the business and respond to questions related to
areas of corporate expertise.
- Upon understanding the different business processes, systems,
and reports, lead efforts on process improvement, automation, and
- Research, produces, reviews, analyses, and issues periodic
reports on general business activity.
- Reviews, analyzes, and re-classes P&L activity as needed to
ensure proper income statement presentation.
- Attends work regularly and punctually, as scheduled or
- Complies with Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct, and Company
Policies & Procedures.
- Presents, supports, and leads by example with a safety and
- Oversees continuous improvement to process documentation.
- Assists with system implementations and data integrity.
- Supports the Senior Accounting Manager and Director of
Accounting in additional projects.
- Researches GAAP to IFRS differences and implements both.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines
appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses
materials and equipment properly.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Accounting required.
- Master's Degree in Business Accounting preferred.
- 6+ years of equivalent experience required.
- CPA preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in corporate accounting using both GAAP
and IFRS accounting standards preferred.
- 6+ years of experience with ERP systems is required.
- Ability to travel 5-15%
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Advanced Excel.
- Highly organized, self-directed, and proactive.
- Strong time management and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - clearly
expressing information via schedules, tables, charts, and
commentary to superiors or management.
- Ability to analyze and interpret large data sets and make
- Ability to work autonomously under tight deadlines and handle
complex tasks in a changing environment.
- Current knowledge of GAAP and IFRS, including preparation of
financial statements. Specific technical areas include
intercompany, expense classification, allocations, cost accounting,
legal entity reporting, and complex organizational structures.
- Leadership skills: supportive, accountable, vocal, bold
- Team player with a positive attitude and a desire to be an
active participant within the organization
- Self-directed individual who enjoys learning, receiving
coaching, and providing direction to team members.
- Functional competencies include attention to detail,
prioritization, accountability, self-knowledge/learning, and
excellence.Anticipated base salary range: $82,000 - $96,000The
final agreed-upon compensation is based on individual education,
qualifications, experience, and work location. This position is
bonus eligible.Physical requirements and environment:The work
environment and physical demands characteristics are
representatives of those the employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
essential functions.Rarely: Climbing, crouching, kneeling,
pulling/pushing/lifting between 5-15lbs., and stooping are
required. Occasionally: Carrying 5-15lbs., gripping, handling,
pinching, and walking are required.Frequently: Standing is
required.Constantly: Reading, grasping, hearing, reaching, vision,
repetitive motion, and sitting is required.Rarely exposed to
extreme cold, heat, humidity, and wet climates, in the working
environment.Occasionally exposed to noise and hazards in the work
environment.We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be
required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug
test as a condition of employment.RES is an equal-opportunity
employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the
workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind
based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other
protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local
Keywords: RES, Denver , Senior Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...