Bookkeeper / Revenue Auditor
Company: Maverick Colorado LLC
Location: Black Hawk
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description:At Maverick we love the casino business, we love
serving guests, and we love having fun together. We are looking for
people, great people, that are ready to treat guests and each other
with respect and make each day at work fun. Mav -er -ick: Someone
who plays by their own rules. /'mav(?)rik/ (noun)Responsibilities
include but are not limited to:
- Provide proper accounting and reporting of all casinos
generated revenue, including slot machines, cages, table games,
food, and beverage, vending machines and any other revenue
- Assist with proper accounting of revenue by preparing journal
entries during the daily audit and ensure the accuracy of all
- Verify all daily transactions handled by the cage. Audit
transactions for accuracy, theft, and account variances.
- Verify all entries made by the soft and hard count teams,
including drops, fills/credits, openers/closers, etc., for accuracy
and compliance with Gaming Regulations. Prepare reports per written
accounting plan for casino financial managers, including journal
entries and ensure they are completed as required by the Month-End
- Verify all slot summary information including drops,
jackpot/fills, etc. Analyze Count Team drops, currency and Hard
Count variances through the electronic verification report.
- Conduct on-site audits with Slot Technicians, as required, to
verify all count variances over or under expected allowances.
- Verify money and credit cards received by casino restaurants,
bars, gift shops and other revenue centers. Prepare reports showing
sales, taxes, and other information as required or requested.
- Always demonstrate an awareness of revenue audit operations.
Keep Audit Manager informed of any concerns.
- Follow security policies and procedures and report all
violations. Perform duties in compliance with the Internal Controls
and Gaming requirements.Requirements:To be successful in this role,
you should have previous Auditing experience and knowledge that
- High School Diploma with completion of college level accounting
courses desired or equivalent amount of experience and
- Two (2) or more years of recent and related auditing or
accounting experience, preferably within a gaming environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability with a revenue audit team
specifically as a slot auditor in a gaming environment.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Colorado State Gaming
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge and experience using Colorado ICMPs.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Ability to meet deadlines and focus on accuracy and
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Demonstrated skill performing basic mathematics.
- Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude and work part of a
- Demonstrated effective and diplomatic customer service and
- Demonstrated experience performing within specific deadlines or
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is necessary for completion of
- Flexible workweek with possible additional hours
required.**$1,000 Sign on BONUS! $500 paid 90 days after date of
hire; $500 paid 180 days after date of hire ** Team Member must be
in good standing to qualify for Bonus Pay out (no documented
performance in their employee file) **Team Members Will Enjoy:
- Free Gas (Eligible the first of the month following 60 days of
- Free Bus Tickets
- Free Shift Meal and drink
- Free covered Parking
- Up to 2 weeks PTO per year
- 6 Observed Holidays with Holiday Pay
- Health Benefits Insurance, eligible the first of the month
following 60 days of employment. Medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, short term disability, 401K & more!
- Career Development and Advanced Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible work schedules
- Team Member Referral program ($600 per team member
referred!)Maverick Gaming---, based in Kirkland, Washington, is a
young gaming company with over 3,000 dedicated team members.
Maverick Gaming owns and operates a portfolio of 31 properties
across Nevada, Washington, and Colorado with over 1,800 slot
machines, 350 table games, 1,020 hotel rooms, and 30 restaurants.
Founded in 2017 by industry veterans Eric Persson and Justin
Beltram, Maverick Gaming--- takes a bold approach to a classic
pastime. With an all-star leadership team from some of the largest
gaming brands spanning markets the world, Maverick is dedicated to
delivering the best possible gaming experiences for every kind of
player while enforcing strict problem gambling policies as a
community partner. Created by gamblers, for
Keywords: Maverick Colorado LLC, Denver , Bookkeeper / Revenue Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Black Hawk, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!