Software Engineer - Tax Development (100% Remote)
Company: H&R Block
Posted on: January 16, 2022
What Youll Do...
This position combines programming and tax knowledge to code
changes to H&R Blocks retail tax software products. This
individual is responsible for maintaining and enhancing tax
calculations, interview screens, and interview logic. Day to day
- Working closely with the team to design, develop annual
regulatory changes to tax software products.
- Use tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to
develop new product features and maintain year over year tax
software product functionality.
- Work deeply within the area of tax calculations, interview
screens, and interview logic.
- Create and executes unit tests and addresses defects.
- Works closely with the QA, UX and other related teams to ensure
consistent understanding of requirements and approach.
- Understands business and functional requirements and produces
technical specifications and product requirements.
What Youll Bring To The Team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.Work
- Two years of experience working within tax (or
- Two years of computer programming experience (or
- Demonstrated decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving
- Demonstrated effective time management, planning, and
organizational skills, with the ability to successfully handle
multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
It would be even better if you also had...
JD, CPA, or EA
C# .Net development skills a plus
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
Keywords: H&R Block, Denver , Software Engineer - Tax Development (100% Remote), Accounting, Auditing , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!