Associate, Utility Scale Solar Development
Company: Solriver Capital
Posted on: January 16, 2022
SolRiver Capital is seeking an Associate of Utility Scale Solar
Development. This position is for someone with 2-3 years experience
as a utility scale solar developer interested in working on the
private equity (buyer) side
About Solriver Capital
SolRiver Capital is a rapidly growing solar investment fund focused
on acquiring and operating distributed generation and utility scale
projects. Founded in 2016 by solar and storage finance experts,
SolRiver utilizes an innovative yet disciplined investment approach
to acquire clean energy assets across the country. We began with a
single $3MM system, and four years later we have projects in 8
different states, with $200MM to deploy over the next twelve
months. A key to our success is a small, talented, hard-working
team. Our ethos is an entrepreneurial culture of ownership,
and continuous improvement.
The Associate of Utility Scale Solar Development will assist in
both (a) the evaluation and acquisition of utility-scale solar
projects, and (b) occasionally complete development tasks when
required. You will have a significant amount of responsibility in
this role and will also have significant room for growth in the
Investment Evaluation & Support
- Manage all aspects of development activities, including site
origination and control, schedules, permitting, due diligence,
scope of project, resources and budgets.
- Conduct detailed diligence on project acquisition
- Evaluate utility market programs, scheduling, tariffs, and
other dynamics driving financial performance.
- Research, conduct analysis, produce reports and present
information to management.
- Manage project development budget and milestones to achieve on
time and at or under cost.
- Oversee the progress of our development partners, consultants,
and other stakeholders responsible for developing our
- Interface directly with landowners, investors and other project
We are seeking an individual with at least two (2) years of utility
scale solar project development experience. Candidates should also
be detail- oriented, proactive, supportive, and team-oriented.
- 2+ years of work at a large utility scale solar developer, in a
solar project management or development role is required.
- Proven track record of project management, land development and
maintaining positive relationships with stakeholder.
- Proven ability to understanding finance and energy
- Must demonstrate experience with projects connecting to ISOs
- GIS experience e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS, (a plus, not required) also
- Experience with land acquisition
- Experience with project zoning / permitting
- Experience with transmission-level interconnection
- Experience with energy storage (a plus, not required)
- Familiarity with Excel and solar project financing concepts is
- High proficiency with project management software, in addition
to MS Office suite.
- Must be a friendly, persuasive, and a diligent person.
TO APPLY - Please send an email/cover letter touching on: 1) why
this role interests you, 2) your experience with solar project
development or finance, 3) your experience negotiating with
partners, and 4) some examples of your role in prior utility scale
solar projects. Please send your application to jobs [at]
Please do not call about your application.by Jobble
Keywords: Solriver Capital, Denver , Associate, Utility Scale Solar Development, Accounting, Auditing , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!