Sr. Lead Credit Product Officer - Agriculture, Equipment Finance
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Job Description - Sr. Lead Credit Product Officer - Agriculture,
Equipment Finance (053039) At Bank of the West, our people are
having a positive impact on the world. We're investing where we
feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and
women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small
businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our
locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to
help protect the planet, improve people's lives, and strengthen
communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting
the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but
as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to
improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more
sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Senior Agriculture Industry Underwriter- Analyzes, underwrites and
recommends decisions on credit requests generated by sales managers
from commercial agriculture entities. This is a hands-on,
agriculture entity analysis position involving financial spreading,
extensive financial analysis and comprehensive written transaction
summaries. Responsibilities include monitoring and tracking the
portfolio with the goal of minimizing credit losses and maintaining
compliance with credit policy. The position also directly supports
the bank's relationships with agricultural equipment
manufacturers.This is the most senior level of Credit Products
Officer.The position also supports leadership and training
activities in support of the Credit Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists leadership in a variety of activities such as
overseeing the credit and underwriting activities of other officers
to ensure that current and potential customers are properly
analyzed to minimize credit losses. Shares experience and assists
in training less-experienced credit staff.
- Supports unit's growth and profitability through underwriting
credit requests and proactively monitoring credit portfolio.
- Provides direct assistance to the Credit Manager in managing
the credit needs of the portfolio, in assuring credit analysis is
complete and accurate, and in monitoring the appropriateness of
credit products and services.
- Develops innovative credit solutions to meet customer/prospect
- Ensures development and preparation of effective proposals for
presentation to existing and potential customers.
- Participates in the preparation of credit requests and
recommends credit facilities Other Job Duties
- Interacts with Credit Administration, Appraisals, Legal, and
other related internal partners regarding issues of credit quality,
appropriate compensation for risk, as well as new business and
- Views credit quality as a personal obligation; exhibits
independent judgment; ensures balanced loan presentations;
responsible for ongoing account monitoring; proactive in problem
detection/resolution; maintains balance between growth and credit
- Acts as a specialist for the Bank in the agriculture industry.
Keeps current on all economic trends and other issues impacting
- Performs other duties as assigned Required Experience
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained
through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Finance
- General Administrative/Technical Skills Excellent knowledge of
commercial lending policies, procedures, practices and
- Excellent knowledge and ability to analyze financial
statements, tax returns and cash flow.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook,
Excel). Excellent working knowledge of other software used for
analysis such as MFA and Tax Analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to perform independently with a minimum of
- Good organizational skills.
- National Banking Division Generally targets companies with
sales of $25 million or higher.
- Agribusiness Banking Division Real Estate Industries Division
Equipment Finance Division Asset Based Lending Division This is the
ABL Product Manager entry level role and provides individuals the
opportunity to grow the skill set required for a career in
- This ABL Credit Analyst position is assumed to be part of the
career path for future Product Manager or Underwriting
- Some knowledge of collateral exam and liquidation
- Strong knowledge and ability to analyze financial statements,
tax returns and collateral from an ABL perspective.
- Strong working knowledge of other software used for analysis
such as MFA.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to
provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without
regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West
is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female /
Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws
and regulations. Primary Location Other Locations
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Denver , Sr. Lead Credit Product Officer - Agriculture, Equipment Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!