Company: Monroe Group Ltd.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid Vacation Accrued, FSA, Life
Insurance, Sick Time The Property Accountant is responsible for the
company's financial records, plans, policies, procedures, and its
accounting practices. The Property Accountant will perform all
duties associated with month/quarter and year end close. They will
also maintain accounting records in accordance with state, federal
and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The Property
Accountant will also work with the Property Management group. Be a
valuable team member within all phases of the accounting
operations; including but not limited to, the general
administration. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Receives and/or disburses funds related to the assigned area
(properties) of responsibility.
- Develops and posts periodic close journal entries in accordance
to company policies and procedures and in accordance to GAAP
- Makes depreciation and other adjusting entries as
- Posts and analyzes entries made to ledger accounts.
- Prepares summary sheets for use by supervisor, managers, or
auditors in preparing comprehensive financial statements.
- Maintains accurate and audit ready reconciliations.
- Supports all replacement reserve requests across the Company's
- Performs a monthly account and bank reconciliation for all
- Ensures all escrows are being funded to meet all requirements
for their assigned properties.
- Post and reconcile expenses on a monthly basis, which may
include accruals to maintain accurate periodic financial
- Provide support to property managers on all accounting policies
- Tracks and processes monthly utility reimbursements.
- Work with the Compliance Department to maintain and reconcile
Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) payments for assigned
- Audits and proofs accounting reports for clerical accuracy and
conformance to company procedures.
- Maintains cost system and allocates expenditures to accounts in
accordance with established procedures.
- Prepares electronic transfers of fees/payments for the
- Files all applicable property tax forms.
- From time to time Management may assign additional duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of accounting theories, practices, and accepted
- Competence working with computerized accounting systems and
- Excellent keyboarding skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with co-workers and vendors.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software, especially
Excel. TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree, from an accredited college or
- Proficiency with computers and Accounting software
- At least 3 years of increasingly responsible experience in
accounting department assignments involving advanced
- Related business school or college courses may be substituted
for up to 1 year experience.
- Alternate combinations of training and experience will be
considered if requisite skills are demonstrated. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The employee will be exposed to an indoor office environment.
The noise level is typically quiet. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Employee must be able to lift at least 15 lbs. and up to 20
- Employee will frequently utilize their hands and fingers
- Employee will be frequently required to sit, stand or walk
- Employee will be required to bend, twist, stoop and or kneel
DISCLAIMER This position description is not intended, and should
not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It
is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those
principal job elements essential for making decisions related to
job performance, employee development and compensation. As such,
the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as
required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What is your preferred method of communication?
Keywords: Monroe Group Ltd., Denver , Property Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!