Analyst Metals and Concentrates
Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont
(www.newmont.com ) is one of the largest gold companies in the
world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has
approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority
working at Newmont's core operations in the United States,
Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname. Newmont is the only gold
company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the
first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones
Sustainability World Index. Newmont's industry leading performance
is reflected through high standards in environmental management,
health and safety for its employees and creating value and
opportunity for host communities and shareholders. Dimensions At
Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through
sustainable and responsible mining. One of the largest gold
companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to
safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and
adding value and opportunity to our host communities. With
operations on four continents, we are honored to be named the
mining industry leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and the only one listed in the
S&P 500 index. About this role What will you be responsible
for? The Sales and Marketing Analyst will be primarily responsible
for Australian sites' dor-- settlement process and supporting the
back office function for Australian concentrate shipments and
sales, with some responsibility for Newmont's other Mines' dore and
bi-products. Timely and accurate settlement and reporting is
required as will completion of all SOX documentation required for
these activities. Will be required to collaborate closely with
multiple parties to collate and provide information required for
royalty returns, conflict free gold assessments and internal and
external audit requirements. Your role will consist of Here is a
snapshot of what your day to day will look like:
- Be the back office point contact with Newmont's customers for
its Boddington Mine concentrates and other bi-product sales,
including scheduling of shipments, customer invoicing & payment,
assay exchange and final settlement of shipments.
- We develop the analytical tools, interpret and provide analysis
& recommendations on the performance of assay/weight
reconciliations, customer performance and lab performance
- Preparation of concentrate SOX related documentation
- Responsible for reviewing broker prepared lay time
- We prepare monthly sales cash flow forecast to provide to
- Provide monthly Accounts Receivable information to Global
- We collaborate closely with Site, refinery, assay laboratories,
and umpire laboratories for dor-- shipments
- We manage assay settlements with refinery to achieve timely
- Recording of all dor-- shipments in the Mineman system from
shipment through to final settlement.
- We prepare all SOX related documentation and loading to
- Develop reporting of final metal return and refinery
performance for distribution to Site and Management. Other
- We provide information for royalty return as requested by
Australia Finance Team.
- Prepare conflict free gold assessments and supporting
- We assist in providing required information to business
planning for annual budget and quarterly forecasting.
- We coordinate and develop cross departmental relationships to
support efficient execution of Newmont's mines product sales
- We analyze and evaluate tender bids
- Additional analysis or projects to collaborate with global
concentrate and dore marketing Your training, skills, or experience
checklist Here is what we would need to see from you! Experience:
- Degree qualified with 5+ years working experience.
- Degree in Finance, Metallurgy, Geology, or accounting
preferred, but not crucial.
- Previous mining proven experience preferred, but not crucial.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Ability to interpret and present data in a professional
- Demonstrated ability to work with different cultures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong organizational skills with an attention to
detail Working conditions and location Where you will be located!
- The position is located in the Corporate office.
- Due to time zone variances, the position will require some work
to be performed outside of normal office hours.
- The position may be required to work overtime or weekends.
- Occasional international travel to Newmont sites or regional
offices may be required after COVID. The salary range offered for
this role is $ 75,680 to 99,330 . The salary range is tied to the
Colorado market for jobs performed in Colorado. The salary offer to
the successful candidate will be based on job-related education,
training, and/or experience. The salary offer will not be based on
a candidate's salary history at other jobs, and by law, Newmont
will not seek information about salary history, and candidates
should not share such information with Newmont. This role will be
eligible for participation in a discretionary annual bonus program,
pursuant to which an employee may be awarded a percentage of their
salary based on the company's performance and their own individual
performance.-- Newmont offers a competitive and inclusive benefits
package to support physical, mental, financial and emotional
wellbeing. This role will be eligible for the following benefits:
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance; flexible
spending accounts; health savings accounts; life and accidental
death and dismemberment insurance; short and long-term disability;
401(k) program with company match; pension; financial planning;
employee assistance program (EAP); adoption assistance; dependent
scholarship program; tuition reimbursement; paid holidays and paid
time off; paid family leave; matching gifts; and discounts on home,
auto and pet insurance. All bonuses and benefits are subject to the
applicable eligibility and program/plan terms and may be modified
or terminated at Newmont's sole discretion.
Keywords: Newmont Mining Corporation, Denver , Analyst Metals and Concentrates, Accounting, Auditing , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!