Collections Specialist - Intermediate
Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Job #: 1039162Collections Specialist
---If interested, please apply directly by sending your resume to
Callie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Performs follow-up and collections activities related to one or
more of the following financial classes: self-pay, commercial
insurance, Medicare, Workers Compensation (WC), Third Party
- Performs follow-up and denial management activities related to
the collections of outstanding self-pay and/or insurance
- Researches accounts and performs necessary outreach to
guarantors, insurance companies and attorneys to ensure timely,
- Resolves account issues including validating accuracy of
guarantor statements, resubmitting claims, identifying information
needed to correctly process claims and generally working through
issues in order to collect payment as expediently as
- Understands and complies with terms of managed care contracts
and associated federal/state regulations related to billing and
collections, coordination of benefits and subrogation.
- Stays abreast of, and communicates changes in regulations
pertaining to guarantor and/or insurance collections.
- Processes and resolves rejections and denials received from
- Documents conversations and correspondence with patients
guarantors, insurance representatives, attorneys and other
internal/external customers in billing system.
- Receives and responds to incoming customer calls pertaining to
billing inquiries and the collection of outstanding
- Offers payment arrangements to delinquent accounts in
accordance with Patient Financial Services (PFS)
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and
procedures for the PFS department, when appropriate.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at 844-463-6178.
Keywords: Apex Systems, Denver , Collections Specialist - Intermediate, Accounting, Auditing , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!